Blaise Pascal & Me Myself and I


Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie...

Il silenzio eterno degli spazi infiniti mi sgomenta...

The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me...

When I consider the short duration of my life, swallowed up in the eternity before and after, the little space which I fill, and even can see, engulfed in the infinite immensity of spaces of which I am ignorant, and which know me not, I am frightened, and am astonished at being here rather than there; for there is no reason why here rather than there, why now rather than then. Who has put me here? By whose order and direction have this place and time been allotted to me?

Quando considero la breve durata della mia vita, assorbita nell'eternità che precede e che segue il piccolo spazio che occupo e che vedo inabissato nell'infinita immensità degli spazi che ignoro e che m'ignorano, mi spavento, e mi stupisco di vedermi qui piuttosto che là, perché non c'è ragione che sia qui piuttosto che là, adesso piuttosto che allora.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

I say to you, arise!

Powered by My Ineffable Mind